Tough Furniture makes products for use in care environments where challenging behaviour makes conventional furniture unfit for purpose, unsafe, and poor value through lack of durability.
It combines an unrivalled build quality, good looks, and the design content and flexibility to meet the very varied needs of mental health provision such as PICUs, secure units, learning difficulties, and ASD accommodation.
This spring sees Tough Furniture extend its offering with the launch of Tough Ultra - a new bedroom furniture concept that really is something different.
Its hidden strengths lie in a ground-breaking combination of materials and techniques that deliver an unprecedented combination of strength, durability, safety, value and looks for the most-challenging high and medium-secure accommodation.
Tough Ultra features include:
- Solid 24mm core material of top-quality multi-laminated board with inherent strength augmented by resilience under impact
- Surfaced with attractive wipe-clean woodgrain foil that is more abrasion resistant than laminate and is also anti-microbial
- Safe anti-ligature design plus core and surface materials are not brittle or sharp if degraded
- No visible fittings or fixtures
- Lower capital and lifecycle costs than comparable alternatives
- Strength tested to DoH guidelines